Tuesday, September 27, 2011

On Books

Starting things is not hard, finishing is. I have a ton of things I would like to do, I start them, but the follow through is unglamorous and boring. However, I do hope that the rule of 21 takes over and things become a little bit easier. Like training for marathon and reading more Chinese. Or maybe I'm just super tired today and my lack of energy is dragging my mood down.

Anyway, two items:
1. This is hilarious. A list of recommended science fiction/fantasy books as voted for by NPR listeners.

2. Read that Kindle is coming out with Kindle Fire (features? Who cares?). Is anyone else bothered by where Amazon is going with the name of this piece of technology that's supposed to be the next step in publishing? I am. Kindle, as defined by their screen saver (don't make me go through all the dead authors to define it), I can nervously chuckle and let pass. But Kindle Fire? Fahrenheit 451 anyone? Color me disturbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment