Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 9 for the garden

A thorough update on the planties.

Overview of the herbs. Clockwise from the non-sprouting pot of wisteria: non-sprouting wisteria, oregano, thyme and basil.
 Close up of basil:
Close up of oregano:
Close up of thyme:
My tomatoes and tarragon (left and right respectively):
Close up of tomatoes: Aren't they awesome looking?
And of the tarragon:
The planter box that Luis built me:
Since we are on pictures, here's one of Butters sleeping with me on the couch after I had a dinner of avocados and Thomas English muffins. Sad I know. I was so hungry I couldn't wait for Luis to finish making abondigas soup. Anyway, I think at one point I rolled over and threw my leg on Butters. I looked at him to see if he would jump off, he raised his head to look at me, sighed and put his head back down, so we fell asleep again that way.

When I was driving home today from El Cajon, the weather went from nice and clear to a bit foggy at Clairemont to really foggy when I was getting off at Miramar/La Jolla. It made me remember when it was this foggy on campus at UCSD when I feel like I'm walking in a cloud. I love the image that fog creates where different gray tones denotes the distance an object is from me. It reminds me of classic Chinese brush paintings with trees in the mountains. In the fog, I can almost transpose that imagery on the landscape around me.

Another thing, I'm trying to study for the MCATS and the prospect of learning basic chemistry, o-chem, physics and biology is really daunting. Looking back at what I knew in high school with calculus and in college with biology, I really feel like I'm dumber now than before. I can't do calculus. I don't remember a whole bunch of crap I knew before. It's a really depressing realization, which does not help in my trying to relearn things. Why can't I understand it the way I did before??

No comments:

Post a Comment