Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lazy Sunday

Woke up rather late due to the time change. Found out yesterday that there's a one-stop clinic for vaccines at the County Shelter today, so I dragged Luis to go with me to get Butters' shot and licensing out of the way.

When we got there, there were a surprisingly large number of people and dogs. It took us about an hour an a half for a 5-6 minute process. Time mostly taken up by paperwork. During the wait, I figured out another trick that I can teach the dog. "Look" to get him to focus solely on me. We'll have to start small and build it up. Overall, he did a satisfactory job waiting in line. He's not as excited as a few of the other dogs, but he was excited enough to not being able to sit and stay. I admit, there were a lot of dogs in a small area.

Afterwards, we took him to the dog beach. He ran around as usual and separated himself from us. I watched as he ran up and down the stretch of beach we were walking on looking for us. It must have been 5-10 minutes before I finally called to him and he came running happily back looking very much relieved. From then on, he was done, walking closely beside me and constantly checking to see that I'm still there.

The tomatoes are 1 3/4in tall. Just a quarter more inch to go before I can thin them out and repot them. Everything else is growing, albeit slowly, for my taste at least. At least they are still alive and not stagnating. Meanwhile, the weather is warming up beautifully. Almost like it is slowly building up a crescendo at summer solstice.

No comments:

Post a Comment